Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Runway Model to Inca Warrior Princess

Let me tell you, runway skills come in real handy in life or death situations. I'm serious! You try walking along narrow light beams across spike-filled caverns, and you'll be awfully glad that you spent all those hours practicing on tightrope-thin runway trainers. Earlier this month, I put everything I've got to the test while on the quest for the Lost Treasure of the Inca Warrior. This adventure is the most recent interactive game produced by MadPea, and it is the most flawlessly executed, gorgeously designed, challenging and high quality gaming experience I have had in Second Life to date. I honestly felt like I was in a movie on some epic and perilous journey through mystical lands in search of bountiful treasure.

And what, besides a cache of gold, was I searching for? The puzzle solving, hunt-style game's sponsors include Boudoir and Kastle Rock Couture among many others, and they give very generous prizes to those who successfully complete the mission. Well worth it for a model, in my opinion, and the high quality is what initially enticed me to play. Here I am dressed as an Inca warrior princess wearing several of the gifts, and I'm reclining on a golden throne in a luscious sound garden that are also among the amazing prizes. I certainly deserved this peaceful rest after such an incredible journey!


Kastle Rock Couture designed Incan and Mayan outfits for the men and women, and I'm loving these rich gold and earth-toned silks. The glorious feathery headdress by Boudoir is modifiable, so I color edited it to match the silks. It was originally a striking light gold and royal blue, which I look forward to wearing with another ensemble. I paired this with another headpiece by Frippery, which is finely crafted and glistens in the light. To finish the outfit, I'm wearing Vanity hair and the Gaeline Creations line of bare feet and coordinating sandals. I was pleasantly surprised by their quality and range of options, which includes applying tattoos in any color on the feet and a variety of nail art and effects. I took advantage of this feature so I could closely match the intricate henna body tattoo prize that emblazes my skin with golden luster.

My style:

Silks: Maya Silk Gown in Dragon by Kastle Rock Couture *
Feather Headdress: Inca male/female headpiece by Boudoir *
Gold Headdress: Child of the Sun Headdress by Frippery *
Body Tattoo: INTI 50% tintable by Fallen Gods Inc. *
Nails: Glitter Stripe Manicure Prim Nails by Sexy Mamas
Feet: Flat Bare Feet by Gaeline Creations
Sandals: Chloe Sandals in Shiny Metal by Gaeline Creations
Hair: Alice in Nova Black by Vanity Hair
Lipstick: Tia Maria Lip Gel by M.O.C.K
Eyelashes: BlackDarling by Redgrave

Scenery:

Environment: Inca Sound Garden by Patron *
Throne & Gold: Kings Ransom Throne Set by Roawenwood*

* Denotes Lost Treasure of the Inca Warrior prizes. Only a few have been photographed!

The sims that you travel through on this quest are also incredibly beautiful and perfect places to snap pictures of your next outfit. I enjoyed exploring these sims so much and developing my candid-style photography skills (AO only, with occasional object pose), that it really became more about the quest than the finish. You can follow my journey in this slideshow. I'm wearing an outfit that I have previously blogged, but I added a great explorer's hat by Loki (another one of the game's sponsors, and more explorer's gear is included in their prize) to complete the experience. I actually got some compliments on this outfit during the course of the hunt!

If you dare, go on the quest yourself and claim your prizes. But hurry, it only runs through May 31st! Your journey starts here. Happy hunting!


     ☆´¨)  xoxo,                                                                                                                                
(.¸.•´ (¸.•` ☆ .:. Laura Reverie ..
:☆¨*•.
                                                                 
´. 5.29.13

No comments:

Post a Comment