Sunday, October 27, 2013

Ms. October 2013 Calendar Model

How proud and honored I am to be the Ms. October 2013 calendar model representing Classic With Style! This is such a huge step forward in my modeling career, and I hope to carry this title with grace and dignity into the CWS Calendar Pageant at the start of next year.


October has always been a special month for me. It begins with my RL birthday, and ends with one of the best holidays of the year. It is a month that honors creativity, being National Arts & Humanities Month in the United States, and also a month that brings attention to many important causes including breast cancer awareness. But symbolically, what I love most about the month of October is that it is a time of transition.


After the autumnal equinox, it's the first full month of fall when the beauty of summer finally turns into the magnificent peak foliage of early October. It is a month of harvest, when all of the efforts of planting and growing provide a bounty of goods to be shared and enjoyed. And it is a month when we can all don costumes and transform into something new on a special night of the year.

Seasons change, lives change, and we all grow into our new stages of life. Mother Nature rewards our transitions and celebrates this time of year with the vibrant colors of fall: rich reds, oranges, and golden hues. I have chosen to represent this glorious month with a gown and swimsuit that are every bit as brilliant with their fall floral patterns.

The Zaks dress in orange by Bliss Couture is just perfect for October, as its unusually shaped full V-line skirt with delicately gathered panels resembles a freshly turned falling leaf. I have selected the Trifles jewelry set in black diamond by Chop Zuey to emphasize the white-outlined oval shapes and black designs on the gown. To complement the dress's printed fall floral motif, I'm wearing flowers from the Marzia PurpleMoon orange gown in my hair, which are a perfect match. This dress is elegant yet strikingly unusual, ideal for the month of Halloween and fall foliage.

As it is no longer summer, I decided to wear a lovely one-piece swimsuit by Shiki called Holiday in Gerbera. I have always adored how Shinichi Mathy translates artwork into fashion designs, and this softer artistic print of October's blooming flower still conveys the rich tones of the month. I have paired this with the Ibiza wedge heels in mango by N-core and a wide-brimmed sun hat designed especially for this outfit. Its cream-colored floppy brim is adorned with matching orange sunflowers and contrasting white and yellow daisies, continuing the fall floral motif.

This month I transition into a new phase of my modeling career, earning my first pageant title of Ms. October 2013. I am incredibly honored to represent Classic With Style and am truly grateful for all of the training and support I have received from the CWS community, staff and owners. Your kindness and attention has helped me to turn this new leaf in my life, and I feel so fortunate and blessed to be among you. I look forward to the next year of beautiful beginnings with all of you!

My Style - Gown:

Dress: Zaks Dress in orange by Bliss Couture
Jewelry: Trifles in black diamond by Chop Zuey
Shoes: Caresse in white by N-core
Hair: Sonne in Chianti by Bliss Couture
Flowers: from Marzia gown in orange by PurpleMoon
Lipstick: Vermillion Lip Creme by M.O.C.K Cosmetics

My Style - Swimsuit:

Swimsuit: Holiday in Gerbera by Shiki
Sun Hat: Sculpted Floapy Summer Hat by Meli Imako
Hat Flowers: Daisies Wreath by Caverna Obscura
Hair: Calypso in Caviar by Bliss Couture
Shoes:  Ibiza in mango by N-core
Bracelets & Ring: Siobhan in Golden Calcite by EarthStones

Photographed on the beautiful Tempura Island, where the foliage is enchanted with dancing beams of light. How I love the rich colors of autumn!


     ☆´¨)  xoxo,                                                                                                                                
(.¸.•´ (¸.•` ☆ .:. Laura Reverie ..
:☆¨*•.
                                                                 
´. 10.27.13

No comments:

Post a Comment