Thursday, March 7, 2013

First-Time Contestant in the Ms. USA Photo Contest


As a new student in the University of Classic w/ Style, I recently entered the Ms. USA photo contest. I am honored to be representing my state and among these beautiful women. Please come see my photo in-world and vote for me, Ms. New York! http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/CWSBeautyPageant/185/251/2002

Someone recently asked me why I chose this photo for the contest, and it's because I think it says a lot about the great melting pot of cultures that we live in today, especially in a place like NYC. I styled this beautiful outfit so that it subtly recalls elements of culturally traditional clothing while having a classic and universal quality. Don't we all bring our cultural heritage with us when we come to this country, and then blend that with our environment and lifestyles of today?

My inspiration grew from the gorgeous N-core Zen heels in Pure Black, which have hollowed-out wooden platforms that resemble the elevated sandals worn by geisha to keep their long patterned kimonos clean. While the hemline of my clothing has moved up to just above my knee, this stunning L'Opera evening dress designed by Tres Beau provides a touch of Asian flare with the elegant chrysanthemum petals on the smooth silk fabric that wraps around my legs. The dress has classic sleek lines that accentuate my height and graceful movements, and I have paired it with the delicate Lily Necklace in Gold and White by PurpleMoon. This beautiful piece of jewelry continues the flower motif and has a wide collar similar to what is worn around the neckline of a kimono. I have complemented this with a gold and diamond ring and tennis bracelet by Lazuri.

Before going off to the opera for the evening, I have pulled my dark hair back into a sleek Nimue ponytail with heavy bangs, styled by Maitreya. I have finished the look with a gold sequence clutch by Septem Essentia, which resembles a rolled scroll in its long and narrow shape. In this incredible ensemble, I'll step out into one of America's greatest cities as a chic and classic woman subtly infused with the essence of cultural heritage.

My Style:

Dress: L'Opera by Tres Beau
Necklace: Lily Necklace in Gold and White by PurpleMoon
Bracelet & Ring: Diamond Tennis Bracelet & Ring by Lazuri
Shoes: Zen in Pure Black by N-core
Bag: Cristal Mesh Gold Clutch by Septem Essentia
Hair: Nimue by Maitreya
Nails: Prim Nails by Sexy Mamas


     ☆´¨)  xoxo,                                                                                                                                
(.¸.•´ (¸.•` ☆ .:. Laura Reverie ..
:☆¨*•.
                                                                 
´. 3.7.13

No comments:

Post a Comment