Thursday, March 28, 2013

Celebrating my UCS Final

Last night I had my final assessment of the course with Dean Janet Brink. I've worked so hard these past three weeks learning all of the runway formations, styling outfits and pose sets, and blogging the whole process. It has been an incredible experience, and I thank everyone who has helped me grow along the way. I arrived for my final in a black knit top with striking silver floral pattern, paired with metallic silver pants and silver accent jewelry. The leg warmers and high neck collar make this casually chic outfit quite comfortable and relaxing, perfect for a final test. While the end of this course is drawing near, I know that it is only the beginning of my modeling experience.






My Style:

Top: Larissa in Black by Styles by Danielle
Pants: Victoria Pants by Anin a Gris
Legwarmers: Larissa in Black by Styles by Danielle
Shoes: Caresse Noir Intense by N-core
Earrings: Olimpia in Black by GeWunjo
Bracelets: Aksana in Black by GeWunjo
Belt: Atlan with Sunglasses in Silver by GeWunjo
Nails: Prim Nails by Sexy Mamas
Makeup: Strawberry Lip Creme by M.O.C.K
Eyelashes: BlackDarling by Redgrave





Janet also asked me to change into swimwear during the final. The misty somber mood of the last portrait just didn't fit with this flirty little number, so I adjusted the windlight settings to something a bit brighter. This floral bikini in red, white, violet and gold tones is paired with floral ruffle heels and a large flower in my hair. The fashionable summer bag slung over my shoulder is perfect for carrying all those beach essentials. Now only if it were summer and not spring! I also couldn't help but notice the graduation window sign in the background... I see it as a sign of good luck!





My Style:

Bikini: Hibiscus Garden by Shiki
Necklace: Sunara by Burroughs
Earrings & Bracelet: Ma Songe Gold by Chop Zuey
Bracelet 2: Skinny Gold/Resin Bangle, Miam Miam
Bracelet 3: Thick Gold/Resin Bangle, Miam Miam
Flower: Hibiscus Hairpin by VioMagic
Hair: Ruri Type A in Brown Diamond by D!va
Bag: Marina Shoulder Tote in White by Indy&Co.
Shoes: Hana White Patent by Maitreya
Nails: Prim Nails by Sexy Mamas
Makeup: Strawberry Lip Creme by M.O.C.K





As one of the many proofs of knowledge during the final, Janet asked me to do a character test... and then blog about it. No one likes to revert back to their original newbie self, much less have to take a picture of it for all to see. But I had to laugh, because it shows just how far I've come as an avatar in Second Life. A little reminder of where we all started is both humbling and empowering. Like so many girls in this world, I had the desire to be as beautiful, poised and successful as the models I saw before me. And I am certainly well on my way. This snapshot is a character test in more ways than one, and it's a memento of that modeling dream.


As our final blog requirement, Janet asked us to visit each Classic w/ Style venue stage and take a picture. I must say, it felt absolutely great walking down each runway! CWS has numerous venues for their full schedule of shows, and I can't wait to take part in them. Here's a peek at each set:











The Ballroom - This stage is bright and colorful with a sequence of changing tones on the runway. See my previous post about the Styles by Danielle Fashion Show for more pictures of this venue.


 

The Black & White Runway - This is where graduation will take place. Its classic decor and pond beneath the runway create an incredibly elegant atmosphere.












The Beach Runway - An airy outdoor venue with intimate red cushion seating and tables for two along the runway. This is a lovely place to host and watch a fashion show.


The Blue Venue - Despite its name, this runway is stunning in red and gold. It is another more intimate scaled stage venue, yet full of class for any show.











The Main Stage - This is where I won my first styling competition, so I have fond memories of this place. Thematic styling shows are held here three times a week, making it a very active venue.



The Dome Stage - Stunningly elegant, this runway is bathed in light and fitted with beautiful sculptures and water fountains. It is an absolutely lovely venue.











The Red Pageant Stage - This is where I watched the Ms. Sophisticated Pagent earlier this month. See my post for more photos of this breathtakingly large and gorgeous venue.


     ☆´¨)  xoxo,                                                                                                                                
(.¸.•´ (¸.•` ☆ .:. Laura Reverie ..
:☆¨*•.
                                                                 
´. 3.28.13

No comments:

Post a Comment